We support our troops

Moderator: Fasst1

We support our troops

Postby Sgt B » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:23 pm

I'm a former Hotel 2/9 member who served in Vietnam from Dec67-Dec68 and for the past 18+ years have guided 18 wheels around the United States. I've never been politically correct and have no intentions of changing that now.
However, in my many travels I wanted to take the the time to let my fellow warriors know that there are far more citizens in our nation that support you, respect you, and are thankful for the men and women who freely give of their time, and lives, to protect us under such harsh conditions.
I have a step-son who served in Iraq, and was thankful for his safe return, but was really amazed with the gear he had to tote, especially under the extreme weather conditions.
So, from one old Jarhead, to those of you who serve today, I salute you, and send a very heart felt thank you. Semper Fi
Sgt B

Re: We support our troops

Postby John Foster » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:52 pm

I second that Sgt B.
FYI I just learned that the current 2/9 will be returning from Iraq next week. I believe
this was their second tour. I will be getting in touch with their SgtMaj Santiago after
they get settled in and inquire about possibly getting himself or other current 2/9ers
to join us at this year's reunion. I will also inquire about their Marine Corps Birthday
Ball in which we may be able to attend. The Ball will be held at Camp Legeune. I will
update with more info in a few weeks on this site.
John Foster on point
John Foster

Postby Sgt B » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:15 pm

That sounds like a great idea, please keep us informed. I'm going in for shoulder surgery April 21, so instead of driving a Peterbilt the next two months, I can surf the net! Hope to hear from other 2/9er's, especially those I served with in Hotel, Dec67-Dec68. Semper Fi.
Sgt B

Postby AK48 » Sun May 02, 2010 12:05 am

Hey Sgt B, I was in Echo the same time you were in Hotel. Did you know Dwight Conley, from Louisville, KY (I don't know which platoon). He was the only guy from my P.I. Platoon 388, August, 1967 who (that I know of) served with 2/9 the same time I did. I talked with him afew years ago. SF, Allyn.
AK48

Return to 2/9 in Iraq and Afghanistan