Updated 2/9 Honors and Awards

Moderator: Fasst1

Updated 2/9 Honors and Awards

Postby Fasst1 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:25 am

Doug Goodin updated this list on 13 January to add some recent awards. Thanks for doing this Doug!

Network Administrator

2/9 12/66-6/67; Philly Naval Hospital; 3/2 8/67-4/68; MAG-24/H&MS-24 4/68-6/69

Fasst1

Re: Updated 2/9 Honors and Awards

Postby Doug Goodin » Mon May 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Danny,

Thanks for posting this info on the message board...

If any of you would like a copy or copies of any of the Unit Award Citations, email your request to me at:
dpgoodin7@hotmail.com and enter 2/9 Unit Award in the subject line/box. I have copies of every unit award earned by 2/9 and those earned by Hotel Company (1 NUC and 2 MUCs). Your emails will most likely arrive in my junk mail and if I don't recognize it, it will be deleted....thanks....

One final comment: The Combat Action Ribbon is NOT a UNIT AWARD...it is a PERSONAL AWARD...It is listed for reference purposes only to identify the Five Eligible Combat Operational Periods during which 2/9 was deployed. Even though 2/9 received the Korean Service Streamer and the Southwest Asia Service Streamer (1st Gulf War), 2/9 was not deployed or serve in Korea, and was deployed in the 1st Gulf War after the Combat Operational Period ended. - If you believe any of the information posted is inaccurate, please email me and let me know and provide any additional information as needed. Thanks!

Semper Fi!
Doug
Doug \"Goodie\" Goodin, E/2/9, Dec '66 to Jan '68
Doug Goodin

Return to 2/9 General Discussion