New Battalion Runner, October 2014

Moderator: Fasst1

New Battalion Runner, October 2014

Postby Fasst1 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Hello Everyone,
There is a new Battalion Runner available via our homepage. There has also been a change to how you can access the Runner. From now forward there will be a link for you to click on to see the current Runner. There will also be a list of archived Battalion Runners so you can go back and see those published previously. This should be a great tool for new members or those members who visit infrequently.

Semper Fi,
Danny Schuster
Network Administrator
Network Administrator

2/9 12/66-6/67; Philly Naval Hospital; 3/2 8/67-4/68; MAG-24/H&MS-24 4/68-6/69

Fasst1

Re: New Battalion Runner, October 2014

Postby AK48 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:59 pm

Hey Danny, Thanks for your great work. I enjoyed the Canadian TV news story in the BN Runner. I knew some Canadians in Echo but not the 3 guys in the film. L/CPL Dextraze in the film is listed with H&S when he was KIA. I remember the day we waited at Vandegrift for the birds to take us to that OP on the ridges. Suddenly all the Canadians took off to see the Canadian film crew. I don't remember any US newspeople coming to see us. Where are you in Eastern Mass? From 1970-1974 I lived and worked numerous jobs and neighborhoods in Boston. I also hit all the tracks (Wonderland, Suffolk, Rockingham, etc) but I couldn't make enough money to retire. SF Allyn Kahoe.
AK48

Postby Fasst1 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:06 pm

AK48 wrote:Hey Danny, Thanks for your great work. I enjoyed the Canadian TV news story in the BN Runner. I knew some Canadians in Echo but not the 3 guys in the film. L/CPL Dextraze in the film is listed with H&S when he was KIA. I remember the day we waited at Vandegrift for the birds to take us to that OP on the ridges. Suddenly all the Canadians took off to see the Canadian film crew. I don't remember any US newspeople coming to see us. Where are you in Eastern Mass? From 1970-1974 I lived and worked numerous jobs and neighborhoods in Boston. I also hit all the tracks (Wonderland, Suffolk, Rockingham, etc) but I couldn't make enough money to retire. SF Allyn Kahoe.

We're in Billerica. My wife's from Arlington but we've been in and around Billerica for over 40 years. I worked for DoD in Boston for 30 years at the old Army Base and than in the Fargo (now Barnes), building in Southie. There are no tracks of any type left in Massachusetts (Suffolk shut down a week ago), and Rockingham is now a shell of it's old self and is running pacers and trotters.

Semper Fi,
Danny
Network Administrator

2/9 12/66-6/67; Philly Naval Hospital; 3/2 8/67-4/68; MAG-24/H&MS-24 4/68-6/69

Fasst1

Postby AK48 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:22 pm

Well Danny, I guess that's progress, what with computerized gambling nowadays. The old ways in the old days was more fun. SF, Allyn.
AK48

Return to 2/9 General Discussion