ID card

Moderator: Fasst1

ID card

Postby willie » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:06 pm

Anybody have information about a military ID card that allows vets that are 100% service connected to get into the PX. It's different than the medical VA ID card used at hospitals.
There's also other benefits to having this card. It's relatively new. Enacted around 2013.
I know spouces can get the card too .
Appreciate any input from the group.
S/F
Willie
E 2/9
willie

Re: ID card

Postby tomfen » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:20 pm

I have one Willie. It is available to 100% service connected veterans.

Try these two links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... ation_Card

http://www.cac.mil/uniformed-services-id-card/

You'll need photo ID, your DD214, and the paperwork that verifies your 100% rating.

Smile for the camera~

Tom F, Fox 67-68
tomfen

Postby willie » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:07 pm

Tom,
I went down to a local base here in Santa Ana California with 3 other vets, Sgt C from Fox, with what we thought was all the
Paper work needed to get the card. We had our claim decisions that said we were 100% service connected but that wasn't enough. We needed a letter from the regional office stating we were 100%. They gave us a 1-800 number to call for the letter. Surprisingly when I called the lady took care of it right away. Said the letter would be mailed today.
So now we have everything necessary.
The links you posted were helpful. Maybe other vets on the site can use the information.
Willie
E 2/9
willie

Postby beeman » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:50 pm

I got mine as soon as I got my 100%. Wife got hers also. I had heard about at the vet center I was aware of it.Pop in on any base you want. Great to have
as I have been traveling the country. S/F Jerry
beeman

Postby John Foster » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:32 pm

The ID card looks like the old active duty ID card except it's brown. I heard that there was a new card available that looks similar to the current active duty cards. I'll find out Tuesday when I take a friend to MCRD San Diego to get his. My card has saved me lots of money. Willie, if you are near a BLM (Bureau of Land Management) office, show them your card and they will give you a golden access pass which will allow you, and everyone in your car, into National Parks free. California also has what is called a Disabled Veteran's Prisoner of War Pass. I questioned that when I first got mine too. You don't have to be aa former POW. That pass will allow you to use state parks in California and also free access to boat ramps for launching your personal boat.
Beeman, since you were traveling the country, what's your excuse for not stopping by? Hope you had some fun travels. You missed a great 2/9 reunion last November.
John Foster on point
John Foster

Postby willie » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:07 am

Just got the card. Another benefit to being 100% is having the fee waived for renewing your yearly tags on one car.
Has to be done at the DMV.
Willie
E 2/9
willie

Return to 2/9 General Discussion