Email Recieved from a 2/9ers son!

Moderator: Fasst1

Email Recieved from a 2/9ers son!

Postby gunsup » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:19 pm

If anyone of you Marines can help this young Marine help his 2/9er Dad please respond to the info below! Jack Hartzel E-2/9 67-68

Good Afternoon Marines,
My name is Jonathan Roman, I am a 2ndLt in the Marine Corps stationed in Meridian, Mississippi part way through the jet syllabus on my way to become a Marine pilot. My father is Stephen Roman Jr. and he and you all are the reason I joined the Marine Corps. Some of you may have known him as Lcpl Roman or Cpl Roman or I'm sure by a plethora of other names. He served with 2/9 in Echo company from 66-67 up until when he lost his arm and headed back to the US to recover. He grew up in New Jersey and still resides there today around the Princeton/Rutgers area. I am contacting you all to try and touch base and find the Marines that my father served with in Vietnam. If my father's name at all rings any bells to you, please contact me; I would love to hear anything you have to share with me. If my father's name doesn't mean anything to you and you'd like to share your stories with me I would love to hear them as well. Again, you all are the reason I pursued a commission into the Marine Corps and I appreciate everything you have done and continue to do. I hope to hear from you all soon. Please feel free to contact me here, my civilian email( CC'd), or text or call me.
Semper Fi,
Jonathan Gary Roman
2ndLt, USMC
Cell: 732-610-3054
I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was!
gunsup

Return to 2/9 General Discussion