VFW MAGAZINE/KINGFISHER OP.- NEEDS MORE INFO.

Moderator: Fasst1

VFW MAGAZINE/KINGFISHER OP.- NEEDS MORE INFO.

Postby pat » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:29 am

VFW magazine is doing a book on the deadliest battles of the Viet Nam war, they are asking for marines that were involved in operation Kingfisher and their personal accounts of what they experienced. its due to come out for the 50th anniversary which is July 2017. if anyone is willing to contribute to the book contact Richard by email at rkolb@vfw.org or fax him with your account of the battle at 816 968-1169.
s/f
Pat
Pat Corvaglia
E Co. 2nd plt. 2nd squad
67/68
pat

Re: VFW MAGAZINE/KINGFISHER OP.- NEEDS MORE INFO.

Postby willie » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:02 pm

Hi Pat,
Not sure if you knew but Les Stevenson was writing a book about kingfisher. He did a lot of research and talked with several vets that were on that op. I haven't heard from him in over a year. But he'd be a great resource for the magazine.
S/F
Willie
willie

Postby pat » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:13 pm

Willie
already talked with Les he got my version of what was going on when the bomb went off, haven't heard from him either will try and get in touch with him. you should also get a hold of Richard at the vfw magazine and tell him in writing what you experienced where you were located, he is looking for more information. told him I posted it on this web site he was very appreciative for me doing it.
Pat Corvaglia
E Co. 2nd plt. 2nd squad
67/68
pat

Postby willie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:56 pm

Pat,
I'm planning on contacting Richard and giving him what I remember happening. Here's a question for you or anybody else
That was near Lt. Kisch. He was KIA along with his radioman White. Anybody know the details. From what I've been told he got hit on the road but seems like there was more to it. Supposedly men were sent into the bush to look for him. Which makes me wonder. I know there where men caught off the road and never made it back.
I've never heard anything more about that incident. In addition to the operation being a disaster, it was the Lt first operation.
S/F
Willie
willie

Return to 2/9 General Discussion