VFW NEEDS PHOTOS OF KINGFISHER OPERATION

Moderator: Fasst1

VFW NEEDS PHOTOS OF KINGFISHER OPERATION

Postby pat » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:31 am

I was contacted by the vfw magazine and asked me if I could provide some photos of the kingfisher Op./ battle of July 28,29, and the days after in 1967, they have 0 photos of that battle so I am putting it out to the 2/9 members who were involved and/or have any photos of those two to three days. for purpose of print they must be of certain resolution and size. you can mail them to me and I can do the processing that needs to be done and send them back to the art dept. of the vfw magazine. you can e mail me at pat.corvaglia@gmail.com and I will give you the address to send them to. they asked to put some information such as names ,dates,or places about the picture they will need it for their captions. lets go digging
thanks
Pat Corvaglia
E Co. 2nd plt. 2nd squad
67/68
pat

Re: VFW NEEDS PHOTOS OF KINGFISHER OPERATION

Postby Fasst1 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:23 am

Pat,
Go to the Photo Links button on the home page (not the Photo Gallery). Than click on the link that starts "2nd Battalion, 9th Marines.....". Mike Katen has two photos during Kingfisher out there and they are identified as such, with names included. You can copy and paste the photos from there. Let me know if you have any problems. You may also want to contact Mike directly to see if he has any other photos from Kingfisher. His email address should be in the member listings.

Semper FI,
Danny
Network Administrator

2/9 12/66-6/67; Philly Naval Hospital; 3/2 8/67-4/68; MAG-24/H&MS-24 4/68-6/69

Fasst1

Postby willie » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:09 pm

Pat and all,
I've mentioned this before on the site, Les Stevenson is another contact for Kingfisher photos. He was a battalion radioman
And has several photos and wrote a very good assessment of the operation.
Trouble is getting in contact with him. Last I knew he was living in Texas. Myself, I don't know how anybody would have been
able To take pictures that day. Most I've seen are before or after the ambush. I have mental pictures of that day that I'd love to Have just go away. Vivid memories. A tank with bodies of the dead and wounded moving down the road. You were there,
It was cluster f**k.
I know there was a reporter, probably from the LA Times, when we walked out the morning of the 30th. Asking questions about the ambush. He talked with a guy from my fire team. There was an article in that paper shortly after ambush.
I'd like to see an article written about that day but I'm not sure how much of that I want to rehash in my own head.
Today being 29 July, lots of us remembering that day.
Hopefully the magazine gets all the info and pictures needed.
S/F
Willie
willie

Postby pat » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:11 pm

willie
I sent Les an e-mail haven't heard back,will keep trying
Pat Corvaglia
E Co. 2nd plt. 2nd squad
67/68
pat

Return to 2/9 General Discussion