42 years

Moderator: Fasst1

42 years

Postby Doc Syler » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:12 pm

Hi brothers of the 9th Marines!

I just wanted to post this message to let you know that I have finally located a 2/9er for whom I've been looking, for 42 years. His name if Jim Fultz and he was a corpsman with 2/9. Jim and I were stationed together at MCB Twentynine Palms in 1965 and went to Vietnam together in July of 1966. Jim went to 2/9 and I went to 1/9. We were reunited in country very breifly at the 2/9 BAS but then we lost track of each other. We both subsequently retired from the Navy, but lost touch. Jim now resides in New Zealand! If any of you would like to contact me I would be happy to attempt to \"recruit\" Jim into your organization. Please feel free to email me at mcpotex@earthlink.net. From a greatful member of The Walking Dead, thank you for allowing me to post this good news on your message board.

Semper Fi!

Doc Bob Syler
Alpha 1/9
1966-67
Salado, Texas
1st Plt, Alpha Co, 1/9
\"The Walking Dead\"
Doc Syler

Postby doc » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:32 am

Doc:
Good to see your post on the 2/9 site. I know there was scuttlebutt in the past among the three battalion associations about the entire 9th Marine Regiment getting together for one big ass reunion. Haven't heard anything in a while but it sure would be nice. Many of us were TDY'd back/forth to different battalions depending on need and MOS so there might be guys we haven't run across in years.

Comm with 'ya back on the 1/9 side! :D

Doc Collison
Bruce "Doc" Collison
doc

9th Marines

Postby Doc Syler » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:08 pm

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you Doc C. I generally stay on the 1/9 side. I agree...a big assed 9th Regimental Reunion would really be great. I think Lejeune or Pendelton would support it.

Doc S
1st Plt, Alpha Co, 1/9
\"The Walking Dead\"
Doc Syler

Postby doc » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:33 pm

Doc:
Just received newsletter from Marine Corps Heritage Foundation where they talk about building a convention center in Quantico next door to the new museum in Semper Fidelis Park...now that would be one hell of venue when it's ready. In the interim, either LeJeune or Pendleton would be fine. Never been to LeJeune and have fond memories :roll: of Pendleton! Hmm how I love the smell of the salt air at Del Mar in the morning...or Las Pulgas! :)

Doc Collison
Bruce "Doc" Collison
doc

Re: 42 years

Postby Larry S. Nelson » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:13 pm

I was a with G/2/9 66-67, and I'm looking for a corpman Doc Findley. Also a corpman that went by Bullwinkel. He was wounded in the leg on 7/29/67. Thanks Larry S.Nelson Email lsnel47@embarqmail.com Semper Fi
Larry S. Nelson

Return to 2/9 Looking for Old Friends