Looking for anyone who knew my Dad....

Moderator: Fasst1

Looking for anyone who knew my Dad....

Postby sandyg » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:10 pm

Hello, My name is Sandy. I am looking for anyone who may have known my Dad, SSGT Willard Franklin Morelock. He was in the Marine Corps. Regular. He was from Kingsport Tennessee and was killed in Quang Tri, South Vietnam, Hostile, Ground Casualty on September 24, 1968, . I know he was a Drill Instructor at Parris Island S.C. I have memories of those days there. He was also at one time or another stationed in California, Georgia (which is where I was born), and Hawaii. I know he served two tours of duty in Viet Nam. I was seven years of age when he was killed. My mother kept his memory alive for us throughout our growing up years but details were never talked about in our prescence and now she is no longer with us. I have heard all of the family rememberances of my dad the husband, father, brother, etc...I am a grown woman with 2 daughters of my own. Now I want to know Willard F. Morelock the man. The man that only those he considered his military family could know. He loved the Marine Corps. You were all his family and that makes you my family. If anyone knew him and can tell me about the greatest man that I ever had the privelege of calling my daddy and my hero, please, please contact me. My mother never remarried after his death and she loved him till the day she died. He had to be the most special man to make someone dedicate their entire life to him and his daughters. Please, if you served with him, contact me. I want to know this wonderful Hero....My Daddy.[/quote]
sandyg

Postby doc » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:22 pm

Sandy:
I didn't know your father but from your recollections and those of your family he must have been a terrific guy.

Knowing that he was a marine, a former drill instructor, a Ssgt, and gave his life for his country and corps says a great deal about him. Know that as a marine he had a great deal of honor, integrity and values. Also he volunteered his service to his country. As a drill instructor he tried to instill in his recruit marines the knowledge and discipline they would need to perform their respective roles and defend our way of life as we know it. As a Ssgt he had been in the Corps for several years and held significant responsibilities within his company. And, that he died in service to our Nation he was a hero who paid the ultimate sacrifice so that others may live!

I wish you the very best and hope my message brings you some comfort and solace.

Semper Fidelis,

Bruce \"Doc\" Collison
doc

Return to 2/9 Looking for Old Friends