Reunions

Moderator: Fasst1

Reunions

Postby Jim Tiner » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:12 am

I posted a question in the General Discussion a couple of weeks ago. It had to do with our reunions.
I was hoping to get a discussion going to see if we might consider alternating reunions between Arlington and California.
Does anyone have ideas or an opinion on how to bring us all together in one place.
I would like to hear from any 2/9r's from CA. Are there reunions going on there now?

S/F
Jim Tiner
HCo 66-67
Jim Tiner

Re: Reunions

Postby BobAverill » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Not having been to any reunions of 2/9 I'm not one to speak with knowledge. But in general, I like the idea of moving them across the country. Living kinda in the middle of the country it makes no difference to me for location. The key seems to be finding someone to herd the event along. Even though I have made a few posts to this forum, I never realized that there were multiple reunions going on. I think the Bn members would better be served by holding only one reunion a year in a location to be determined by some loosey goosey method assuming the members thought that to be a valid approach. Perhaps my comment will result in Marines providing input to your excellent question. I'm just grateful that the Bn and the Combined Action Program are holding their reunions in Branson this year. I'll be at both!
BobAverill

Return to 2/9 Reunion