West Coast reunion, 2015

Moderator: Fasst1

West Coast reunion, 2015

Postby John Foster » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:47 pm

Listen up all you 2/9ers. I am once again attempting to host a reunion on the west coast on the weekend of 15, 16 and 17 May 2015.
That is the weekend before Memorial Day weekend and it shouldn't be too crazy without the holiday weekend traffic and tourist congestion in San Diego.
All 2/9ers are welcome of all eras. I attempted an Echo Co only west coast reunion a couple of years ago and only got a response of about 4 or 5. I am putting the word out early and I will also post the reunion in Leatherneck Magazine. Once I get an acceptable number of commitments, I will start looking for a hotel to host our reunion.
I have never taken on a task like this before so if there is someone out there that can assist, give me some input or any other recommendations, I would appreciate it.
My email address is: gunnyjohn@earthlink.net
John Foster on point
John Foster

Re: West Coast reunion, 2015

Postby tomfen » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:31 am

John,
There's strong interest in a trip to Flagstaff AZ from a group from Fox Co in late May 2015. Not exactly the West Coast, but a bit closer than DC. I'm told that the Grand Canyon is just a few clicks away. It happens to be on my bucket list. Just a thought..............Bill Taylor is the driving force for the get together. I can put you in touch with him for details if there's interest.
Semper Fidelis,
Tom F Fox 67-68
tomfen

Postby John Foster » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:10 pm

I would be open to Flagstaff. I just thought that being close to Camp Pendleton and MCRD would give the attendees some options for seeing the old stomping grounds. Thanks for the heads-up Tom
John Foster on point
John Foster

Postby tomfen » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:05 pm

John,

I sent you an email with Bill Taylor's contact information.......however it was snagged by the spam catcher.
Tom F
tomfen

Return to 2/9 Reunion