November 2014 Arlington Reunion Update

Moderator: Fasst1

November 2014 Arlington Reunion Update

Postby Fasst1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:13 am

Henry Ostaszewski has been hard at work getting us set up for the reunion. The hotel has eliminated the wall behind the conference room we used last November and what was than two separate conference rooms is now one large room, nearly twice the size. We will have full use of that room. The restaurant has also been redesigned. The negative in that news is we cannot use the restaurant for our Birthday Dinner this year as they will be serving dinner to the public. Henry went hunting for a place for us to go and after a couple of disappointments walked in Ruby Tuesday's. When the manager realized it was a group of Marines seeking a place to have our Birthday Dinner he quickly told Henry that for the Marine Corps he would shut down Ruby Tuesday's on the Birthday so we could have the entire bar and restaurant to ourselves. Ruby Tuesday's is right around the corner from our hotel, a block or less away. Henry is working with the manager to obtain a menu and set of prices for the dinner. I'll post that information as soon as I have it. We will eat there than return to the hotel for our cake cutting ceremony, raffle, Hot Damn toast, and other activities we normally conduct on the Birthday prior to our trip to The Wall. We WILL be able to use the restaurant upon our return from Ruby Tuesday's as the restaurant will have closed by that time. We expect to have a group photo taken this year. Henry is also working on those arrangements. Dress for the Birthday Dinner will NOT be formal but we should be dressed in smart casual attire for the occasion.

Henry also tells me rooms are being reserved fairly quickly. I strongly advise anyone planning on attending to call the hotel and make your reservations! We have a great contact there and if our room allotment fills up we well may be able to obtain additional rooms, but that is no guarantee. See the 2014 Reunion button on the Network home page to obtain detailed information about the hotel and reservations.

Semper Fi all, and our next reunion is shaping up to be another great one!

Danny
Network Administrator

2/9 12/66-6/67; Philly Naval Hospital; 3/2 8/67-4/68; MAG-24/H&MS-24 4/68-6/69

Fasst1

Re: November 2014 Arlington Reunion Update

Postby tomfen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:12 pm

I'm hoping to see some Fox Co men at the reunion.
Mike Dugan & I will be there.
Thanks Danny, Tom F, Fox 67-68
tomfen

Return to 2/9 Reunion