It's been a year

Moderator: Fasst1

It's been a year

Postby tomfen » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:00 pm

I waited for the year to go by before posting something--anything on the Headquarters Forum.

I heard that the men in headquarters always got the new jungle fatigues first!

Tom F Fox, 67-68
tomfen

Re: It's been a year

Postby AK48 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Also Tom, remember the chow supply situation. In the Fall of 1968 we had p___-poor food resupply. At some point the BN set up on a hill near Khe sahn. "Shore Party" built a bunker walled by cases of C-rats. That night I pulled one of those cases and took it back to my squad. I was a hero for a day. SF, Allyn, E 2/9.
AK48

Postby tomfen » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:43 pm

'Shore party' has a whole new meaning these days.

Tom F, Fox, 67-68
tomfen

Postby tomfen » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:47 pm

When you posted the comment about aquiring sufficent food for the men (sounds better than stealing c-rats) it got me to thinking.....always bad.

In boot camp we all had what was called 'fire watch' Everyone took a turn. (I don't know about the Hollywood guys--maybe they watched movies~)

Lttle did I know that we were really being trained to protect our stuff and keep out the jarheads on retrieval missions.

Who knew?

One time we found out where the long range 'rats' were kept at Camp Carrol and had a feast! (Just add water!)

I must admit I am still an accomplished scavanger ( I don't steal any more) and I credit our USMC for that useful quality.

Tom F Fox 67-68
tomfen

Return to 2/9 Headquarters Company