LCpl Mark Langston

Moderator: Fasst1

LCpl Mark Langston

Postby John Foster » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:27 pm

died in Vietnam on Feb 5, 1968. According to the Virtual Wall website, he died of illness or other injuries. I believe he was with 2nd plt. Do any of you guys remember him and how he died. I was med-evaced on the 2nd and to my knowledge, we were still on Hill 37.
John Foster on point
John Foster

Re: LCpl Mark Langston

Postby beeman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:21 am

I knew Mark well. He died from illness,but not sure what.
beeman

Postby John Foster » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:04 pm

I vaguely remember Mark but recently i read some letters I sent home to my Mom and several of them mentioned "Mark says hello."
I'm curious as to what his illness was and where his hometown was.
John Foster on point
John Foster

Postby beeman » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:08 pm

John contact gunny Conradt. He told me once but the mine is slowing down. he can tell. email him at alconradt@cox.net. let me know what he says. S/F Jerry PS still in New Brunswick.....
beeman

Postby Moring » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:16 pm

John, my friend, John Goulart, was a close friend with Mark Langston, and he told me that he was killed on an LP the night the NVA hit us on 'Hill 37'

Joe M
Moring

Postby John Foster » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:20 pm

Hi Alva, And Happy New Year to all my 2/9 brothers. The Virtual Wall website lists Mark Langston's death as non-hostile.
I was recently put into contact with his sister who lives in Portland, Oregon. We have been playing phone tag and have yet to talk. Anytime now I will get the scoop on how Mark died. For some reason she wants to tell me instead of using the e-mail. as soon as we talk, I will give you the info. Darla would also like to communicate with anyone that knew her brother. Her e-mail is mauimama@hotmail.com and her name is Cathy Stewart but goes by Darla.
John Foster on point
John Foster

Return to 2/9 Echo Company