cau viet

Moderator: Fasst1

cau viet

Postby CRUMPLEFACE » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:35 pm

just whan't to wish everybody a safe & happy new year.

also does anybody remember when we went on the op to cua viet. i need some dates and casulty reports, for v.a. claim.
any info would help.
TERRY L. KOVAC 2nd SQUAD WPNS. PLT.
CRUMPLEFACE

Re: cau viet

Postby pat » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:17 pm

Terry
isn't that what I remember as the sand dunes?
Pat
Pat Corvaglia
E Co. 2nd plt. 2nd squad
67/68
pat

Postby CRUMPLEFACE » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:50 pm

YES PAT THAT WAS WHEN WE WERE FARRIED ACROSSED THE RIVER. WE WALKED ALL DAY.HAD ALOT OF HEAT CASUALTYS. WE SPENT THE NIGHT IN A NDP.2nd PLT DID SOME KIND OF NIGHT RECON.WE LEFT IN THE MORNING AND SOME ONE STEPED ON A TOEPOPPER. THEN ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE. LOTS OF MEDIVACS. IT WAS THE 2nd OR 3rd DAY WHEN I WENT TO THE LZ TO FILL CANTEENS FOR THE SQUAD. GOT CLOSE TO THE WATER BLATTER WHEN THE B-40'S STARTED. ME AN ANOTHER GUY WERE IN AN 82mm CRATOR WASN'T DIP ENOUGH. I GOT 4 OR 5 MINOR SHRAPNEL WOUNDS. DOC FIXED ME UP BUT DIDN'T WRITE IT UP.
TERRY L. KOVAC 2nd SQUAD WPNS. PLT.
CRUMPLEFACE

Postby pat » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:00 pm

same here Terry, I was the top guy of 3 marines in my hole in Conthien when a rocket hit about 4-5 feet in front of the hole and shot up shrapnel rocks and dirt and I got hit on
the back of my left bicep, bled a little but not bad took care of myself and never informed anybody about it. I would have felt embarrassed going up to the corpsman for treatment when others had major injuries.
Pat Corvaglia
E Co. 2nd plt. 2nd squad
67/68
pat

Return to 2/9 Echo Company