Lt Carson

Moderator: Fasst1

Lt Carson

Postby John Foster » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:56 pm

I posted a note here a few months ago telling you guys about my book writing project \"Heroes From the Wall\". I am currently working on Lt Carson's chapter-size biography. His Dad has provided me with some essential information. I have a little of my own. Doc Chaney has authorized me to use some of his story from \"Combat Medics\". And I am hoping that some of you guys might share with me some of your experiences with Lt Carson. I don't remember when he actually arrived in country. Do any of you remember? Alva Moring posted a memorial on the Virtual Wall website which was pretty nice. Alva, I sure would like to get some more info from you. I have a copy of the Lt's Bronze Star citation. If any of you could elaborate more on what took place on April 6, 1968 or at the time he was killed in June 1968, it would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail has changed to Gunnyjohn@earthlink.net
Semper Fi
John Foster on point
John Foster

Lt Carson

Postby John Foster » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:01 pm

I will also be doing a chapter on Lt Upchurch. His widow, Kathy has provided me with a lot of material. I also got permission from Leatherneck to use an article that was written a couple of years ago about Lt Upchurch. Again, any further imformation that any of you could provide will be greatly appreciated.
John Foster on point
John Foster

Lt. Carson

Postby beeman » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:42 pm

John I was with Lt. Carson on April 6th. If not for Him I may not have made it on the last chopter off that hill I was the last one on thanks to him when he grabbed my flak jacket and pulled me on board. Great guy and super guy. I would take orders from anytime. I was also on the bridges when he was killed but not with him.
Take care John and let me know if you want more on the saga of April 6th.
Jerry
beeman

Postby John Foster » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:57 pm

Thanks Jerry. Yes, send me more info on the Lt. Anything you can put together will be a big help. Since I was med-evaced in Feb, my time with him was brief. Memorable but brief. We don't need to tie up the message board. You can send info to my e-mail. Any pictures?
John Foster on point
John Foster

Re: Lt Carson

Postby BOILERMANMIKE » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:09 pm

I TOO WAS WITH HIM THAT 6TH DAY IN APRIL.............VERY BAD TIME IN MY LIFE THAT DAY GOT HIT IN FOOT WITH ALL THE SHELLING COMEING DOWN.HE HELP ME TO GET TO THE CHOPPERS ONCE THAY CAME BACK FOR US. BOILERMANMIKE@COMCAST.NET MICHAEL WELLS E CO. 2/9 1968. DON'T I HAVE PIC OF HIM I WILL LOOK.
BOILERMANMIKE

Re: Lt Carson

Postby John Foster » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Its been over a year since last post. WAKE UP Echo Company. I'm still putting out feelers on a possible west coast reunion. Give me some feedback.
John Foster on point
John Foster

Return to 2/9 Echo Company