Sam Henderson & Albert McCurdy

Moderator: Fasst1

Sam Henderson & Albert McCurdy

Postby phillipfco » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:13 am

As, some of you know, I have been on a mission to try to locate as many of my 3rd Platoon, Fox 2/9
brothers as I can. I have found 3 so far, but I have not had any luck locating Sam Henderson
or Albert McCurdy. If anyone has any information on these guys, please let me, Bill Taylor,
Tom Fenerty, or John Bender know. Also, there was a guy that we called "Poncho" and another Marine
that we called "Recon". If anyone remembers what their real names were, please let me
know. Thanks! Semper Fi.
Phil Franklin
phillipfco

Re: Sam Henderson & Albert McCurdy

Postby tomfen » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:52 pm

Great job Phil. Your efforts put me in touch with Danny Murillo for the first time in some 45 years.
How were you able to contact these men after all these years?
S/F, Tom F
tomfen

Postby Ray Henderson » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Where was Sam Henderson and Albert McCurdy home state? When I am searching for someone out of my past I use Google, Facebook and when they don't work I go to Ancestry.com. Also I thought you and Tom Fenerty was is the 2nd platoon but I could be wrong right.
Semper Fi
Raymond Henderson
Fox 2/9 2nd Platoon Guns
1967-68
Ray Henderson

Postby phillipfco » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:49 am

I have tried Google, Facebook and everything else that I could think of. And, we were
in 3rd Platoon. I thought you were too!
Phil Franklin
phillipfco

Postby tomfen » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:14 pm

Ray,

I was in Third Platoon. Not too sure which squad though because of a 7 month stint with the radio then back as a squad leader.

Tom F, 67-68
tomfen

Postby phillipfco » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:23 am

Ray, I really can't remember where Sam Henderson and McCurdy were from. Someone thought that Sam was from
Chattanooga, but McCurdy I really don't know. If someone who is reading this post knows, please let us know.
Phil Franklin
phillipfco

Postby phillipfco » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:14 pm

Sam, Thanks for jarring my thinking. I did try Google again, and found McCurdy! Now,
I need to find Sam!
Phil Franklin
phillipfco

Postby phillipfco » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Tom, I am sorry that I didn't answer your question sooner regarding locating buddies. But, if you send a letter to your closest VA Regional Office, they have
a group of people there. And one part of their job is to help locate veterans. If you write a letter to your buddy that you are trying to locate, and put it
in a stamped envelope (unsealed, so they can make sure you are not threatening your buddy) send it to your closest VA Regional office, along with a
letter to them with as much information that you can give them on your buddy, His full name, home town (if you know it), and where and when you
served with him, and with what unit. If the veteran is drawing disability or has a current claim in with the VA, they will forward the letter to the
veteran at the address that they have on file. Then you just have to wait for an email or phone call. It is fun to get a call from someone you haven't
seen or heard from in 40+ years! Good Luck!
Phil Franklin
phillipfco

Postby tomfen » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks for posting the 'how to' information Phil.
This may be a valuable tool for anyone looking to locate someone from their unit all these years later.

Merry Christmas to all.

Tom F, Fox 67-68
tomfen

Return to 2/9 Fox Company