Looking for buddies

Moderator: Fasst1

Looking for buddies

Postby Randy Ware Hippie » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:01 am

Hello, I'm looking for some of my tight brothers from Golf. I've been pretty lucky at locating several. Now I'm down to just a few. I'm hoping that I might have some luck using this message board.Most of them were in "Liitle Whiskies". (60mm Mortars)
Their names are. E.A. Tatum- Mike Hayes- Lee Pulley- Tom Manasses- Tom Boston- Barry Baum- and Piper the best blooper man I ever saw. I would most certainly appreciate your help Marines.

Semper Fi, Randy " Hippie"
I was in 2nd plt. and in 60 mm mortars in Golf Co. 68~69. My nickname was Hippie.
Randy Ware Hippie

Re: Looking for buddies

Postby Curt Baillie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:10 pm

I was in 60 mm mortars in 67-68. I left country 11/3/68.
Golf 2/9 0341
11/10/67 - 11/03/68
Curt Baillie

Re: Looking for buddies

Postby Randy Ware Hippie » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Hello Curt, I got to Nam in July 68. My mos was 0341 but we both know that it didn't mean a damn thing so l was immediately put in 1st plt. with Mike Caron as my squad leader. I was bounced around the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd platoons for quite awhile until I finally got into the " little whiskies" section. Then I had more or less a home. They would still send me out with the different pots. from time to time. My 1st section leader was " Fatty" I don't remember his real name. He was cool though.The guys in piss tubes were Tom Segars, Mike Hayes, Tom Manasses, Gary Gundel, Dennis Fowler, E.A. Tatum, Ernie Watts, Tomm Boston,Ray Steed, Tom Finn, and me Randy " Hippie" Ware. I can't find Hayes, Manasses,Gundel, And Tatum. There are other friends from different platoons, I've found some and have talked with Skipper Buckner. But am still lookin for others on my little quest. I would appreciate any kind of info I can get. I was Med Evaced out of Ashau on Feb. 8th 69. With the KIAs and eventually got home to California after that.

Semper Fi, Randy Ware
I was in 2nd plt. and in 60 mm mortars in Golf Co. 68~69. My nickname was Hippie.
Randy Ware Hippie

Return to 2/9 Golf Company