Hotel 2/9 in 1966

Moderator: Fasst1

Hotel 2/9 in 1966

Postby Tom Reasch » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:05 pm

Does anyone have contacts with Corpsman that were with Hotel Co. 2/9/3 in Nam march 66 until july of 66. I was treated by Hotel Corpsman on April 16, 1966 during battle south of danang by a arvin fort they had abandoned and left ammo there. We were outside village in dried up rice paddy and were hit at 4 am. we had 7 KIA and 37 WIA. I would like to talk to person who helped treat my wounds, there were several treating wounded that morning.

Semper Fi
Tom
81\"s 2/9/3 What else can be said, except 2/9 was \"Hell in a Helmet\"!!!!!!!!!!
Tom Reasch

2/9 Hotel 1966

Postby weasel » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:58 pm

I beleive it was Paul Morrison, I had had some contact with him: Jim Chase, and Roger Spurs-FO 81's, about that night. my name is Bill Fracassi, and I was Roger's FO operator that night. the last contact I had was 4/2002. Paul's email was pwm0816@msn, Roger's was twonine81s@hargray.com, and Jim Chase was jym@cox.net. I havnt logged on in a few years so they may have changed. I beleive Paul was the hero I watched, running around without regard, trying to help who he could. If you can contact these guys, maybe they can be morre helpfull.
Semper Fi
Bill
weasel

Postby Tom Reasch » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:11 pm

Hello Bill,

Glad to hear from you, you are right Paul was one of the corpsman that night and was a Hero in my eyes too. Paul is no longer with us as he passed several years ago and several of us arranged a burial at sea for him at Newport Rhode Island Naval Base at his last station. I was thinking 2/9 had several Corpsman that night.

Tom
81\"s 2/9/3 What else can be said, except 2/9 was \"Hell in a Helmet\"!!!!!!!!!!
Tom Reasch

Postby Tom Reasch » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:19 pm

Hey Bill,

I was in contact with Roger Spurr, he spoke highly of you and said you stood up well yourself on 4-16-66. Hotel had other Corpsman with them that night besides Paul morrison, at least I was told that. You are right about Paul, he was all over helping the wounded, Corpsman were special in my book. I never saw one hesitate when called to render aid. If you don't mind I would like to ask some questions about the mortar section, contact me if this is alright. My e-mail is 81nam@fuse.net There is a picture of some of us in our gun pit in the photo section.

Semper Fi
Tom Reasch
Tom Reasch

Return to 2/9 Hotel Company