Information on Brendan Turner

Moderator: Fasst1

Information on Brendan Turner

Postby Fasst1 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:13 pm

The below came from Charlie Allen, asking if anyone can help provide information on Brendan Turner's last days. Charlie can be reached by email at: elcamman50@yahoo.com

In June 1968, both myself, and Brendan Turner enlisted right out of high school. We had been good buddies throughout junior high, and high school. Brendan enlisted in the Marines, and I enlisted in the Air Force. Right before I left for Vietnam in 1969, I was informed that Brendan had been KIA on June 5th 1969. He was assigned to: H Company, 2nd B, 9th Marines, 3rd Marine Division. I am asking if anyone knew him, and served with him while he was in Nam. He was a Pfc. He was a short guy, about 5' 4" tall. If anyone has any information about his last days, I would greatly appreciate it. We both attended Uniondale HIgh School, on Long Island in New York. I have been thinking of him for over 45 years. Thank you guys for your great service. I was a Forward Air Controller while their in Xuan Loc, and Bien Hoa. I was a flyilng crewchief on O-1A Birddog FAC aircraft. Thank you again. Charlie
Network Administrator

2/9 12/66-6/67; Philly Naval Hospital; 3/2 8/67-4/68; MAG-24/H&MS-24 4/68-6/69

Fasst1

Return to 2/9 Hotel Company