Looking for anyone......

Moderator: Fasst1

Looking for anyone......

Postby sandyg » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:19 pm

Hello, my name is Sandy and I am looking for anyone who may have served with my dad...Willard F. Morelock. He was from Kingsport, TN. and was killed in Quang Tri, South Vietnam listed as Hostile, Ground Casualty, on Sept. 24, 1968. I do know that he was a SSGT-E6-Marine Corps. I was only 7 years of age when he died and had two younger sisters. While his memory was kept completely alive throughout my growing up years...the details of his death and time served in Viet Nam was not spoken of in the prescence of my sisters and I. I am now a grown woman with two grown daughters myself and I find that I need to know my dad. My mother passed away four years ago and with her went any chance of asking questions. Im not sure that I would have gotten answers but the chance is gone. I know he was stationed in Parris Island, S.C., California, Hawaii, and Albany, Georgia throughout his service before going to Viet Nam. He served two tours in Viet Nam. I do know he considered his fellow Marines as his family and that makes you all my family also. I have heard all of the family rememberances of my dad the Husband, the son, the friend, brother, etc...Now I want to know my dad, the man, the soldier, The Marine, as only those he served with would know. I understand that he spent 12 years of his life in the Marines so I know there has to be people who knew my dad even better than family could have known and can tell me about the man I have considered my Hero for 37 years. The last memory I have of him was when he was getting ready to board the plane that would take him to Viet Nam for the last time. He squatted down and hugged me and said he had to go and make this world a better place for me. I need to know him. If there is anyone who can contact me with any info. at all about this wonderful man it would be a blessing to me. Even if you only served with him on one of the bases he served on or in Viet Nam. I have some memories of his service in Parris Island as we lived there during that time. I was told he was in Hotel Co. in Viet Nam and that is why I chose this to post on. I do hope to hear from anyone who knew him. You are all Hero's past and present and will always be.
sandyg

Postby Sgt B » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:04 pm

Dear Sandy, I was admin chief for Hotel 2/9. I remember your father, and thru the years, have thought of him, and his family often. I'm familiar with the circumstances surrounding his character and death. please reply to brumfield.barry.@yahoo.com to let me know how to contact you with further info :cry:
Sgt B

Return to 2/9 Hotel Company