Passing of a Hero: My Dad, Larry Brinkman

Moderator: Fasst1

Passing of a Hero: My Dad, Larry Brinkman

Postby Julie » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:12 pm

Hello.. My Dad posted on this board, and this forum. I wanted to direct anyone looking into the 2/9 Hotel Company to this updated information on my Dad, Larry Brinkman:

viewtopic.php?t=397
Julie

Re: Passing of a Hero: My Dad, Larry Brinkman

Postby Julie » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:13 am

Julie wrote:Hello.. My Dad posted on this board, and this forum. I wanted to direct anyone looking into the 2/9 Hotel Company to this updated information on my Dad, Larry Brinkman:

viewtopic.php?t=397

I realize that this board appears to purge after so many posts :(

My father, Larry Brinkman, passed away December 21st, 2005. We held his memorial service on December 30th. He will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery with full Marine Corps honors on his birthday, April 24th, 2006.

Reconnecting with his 2/9 brothers here meant more to him than I could express words. I was so happy for him when he first reached this site... oh it must have been 2003, I remember he came to my office so I could scan an old picture he wanted to share here, its listed in the photo gallery still.

My Dad was so proud of being a Marine, it was in every cell of his body. I miss him dearly, and all of you are invited to his burial in April at Arlington if you can make it.

Feel free to email me at juliebean@gmail.com for more details.

I'd also like to contact the webmaster and offer space on my webserver for free. I hate to see messages on this board deleted, to me they are a part of history that children (like me) and grandchildren will treasure forever. I can see a few of my dad's posts, I wish I could see them all.

Anyway.. thank you for your time, your service to our country, and the brotherhood you shared with my Dad. It means alot to me, and it everything to him.

Julie (Brinkman) Chambers
Julie

Return to 2/9 Hotel Company